Monday, January 28, 2013

Who Inspires You?

by Carla Green

I've been thinking lately about who inspires me?  Our Executive Pastor talks about the 5 people that you hang out will help mold who you are, or something like that (sorry Ron, wasn't listening for exact wording).  Let's see if I can identify five people:

Tina, friend, amazing daughter of the King and businesswoman.  She is someone that is willing to do life with me and help me discern what God is saying in situations I may not be able to see so well.

Tom, my new business partner, has become a good friend and has helped me become measure for our business venture.  His level of knowledge and much of his purpose joining my purpose is a true gift.  I'm excited for the my level of leadership to be catapulted forward turning years into weeks. 

Joseph Prince (pastor of one of the largest churches in Asia), while we are not friends, his teaching has catapulted my knowledge and understanding of grace further than anyone else I know.  His books, "Destined to Reign" and "Unmerited Favor" along with his program on Christian television feeds my soul on almost a daily basis.

TD Jakes (pastor of a large church in Dallas, TX), again not a friend, but have a fabulous opportunity to meet him this week and spend two days in leadership training.  Conferences are a great opportunity to get a lot of information, inspiration, and encouragement in a short amount of time.

Now if you don't have close friends that inspire you, there are other ways to get at this too.  How about using Scripture to find mentors and characters to learn from.

Joseph in the old testament is one of my favorite characters.  He had a dream, was misunderstood, had faith, did the best work he could in every situation he was given, found favor by all, persevered and became second in command in all of Egypt.  Hang out with Joe for awhile.

Or Paul, all these early churches and people groups that He was managing.  Trying to break down old paradigms of the Old Covenant and teach New Covenant.  Paul was exposing the lie and covering it up with truth all the time.  He knew his purpose and he would not be swayed.

The best friend or guide that we have is Holy Spirit.  With Jesus' example as a guide and Holy Spirit directing us.  We are on the path for success in the Kingdom.

Finally Rick, my husband, a kind and gentle spirit that always helps bring a level of calmness to situations that I don't see.  He also shows me a level of support that has been unmatched in my lifetime, which makes me be a better person for others.  When someone is committed and loves pouring into you, it really helps lift you up to be all that God created you to be.  Who lifts you up and who are you lifting up?

What do all these have in common?  They all take a commitment of time to build a relationship or to allow God to speak through others.  If you are running on empty, these are the types of relationships that will fill you up, inspire you, and encourage you to move forward.



No comments:

Post a Comment