Monday, October 28, 2013

Living on the Edge!

A friend on Facebook posted this picture with a question, "How can cats sleep like this without worrying about falling off?" I replied, "they always land on their feet."

I think there is a lesson in this picture. Do we not live life on the edge because we are worrying about falling off? This unsuspecting cat is not just living on the edge but sleeping on the edge.  The lesson then becomes two-fold. Are you living life to the fullest, taking risks and are you resting in that place?

I know what my answer would be, and I would have to say that I have some work to do in this area.  I find myself either willing to take a risk but then worrying about the outcome or not being comfortable in the risk. But merging risk and rest...  

After all isn't risk really faith? 

If we have heard clearly from the Father to risk than we should rest in it. I think about the story of Peter walking on the water. What an experience that would have been! To jump out of the boat and find yourself walking on water. And it worked as long as Peter's eyes were on Jesus and not the rough water.  Likewise, looking at the water makes us worry; looking at Jesus allows us to sit down and rest in where the Father is asking us to go.


"But Jesus immediately said to them: “Take courage! It is I. Don’t be afraid.” - Matthew 14:27



Never thought I would blog about a cat...but the Holy Spirit will use anything to speak to us.

Read up on Peter walking on water (Matthew 14:22-33)...remember eyes on who? Eyes on Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment