Sunday, November 3, 2013

30 Days To Be Thankful in Your Work!

It's hard to believe that November is here already. Every year we seem to say where did the year go. November is one of my favorite months. While the weather hardly ever proves to be something to brag about in Illinois, it is my birthday month and the month of my favorite holiday.  I love Thanksgiving. You get all the benefits of Christmas without the gift buying. Guaranteed four day weekend, great food, amazing family get together, and a great kick-off for all the season.

My sister is doing her own Thanksgiving "Advent"...every day she writes on facebook what she is thankful for. I think that would be great exercise for us this month. Let's do it in the framework of our work and see if how we view our work changes in the next month.

We are already a couple days behind but the first days of the month are easier anyway.  I'll start I'm thankful...

November 1 - that God puts a vocational desire on my heart.
November 2 - for my husband and how he supports my business ideas.
November 3 - for my great friend, Tina, that I get to do life with and discuss how we see God in our work life.
November 4 - for all the great support I get in MERGE.
November 5 - for how God speaks to me in my work.
November 6 - (let's continue together)

Philippians 4:4-7

Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentle spirit be known to all men. The Lord is near. Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Just because November and December are holiday months doesn't mean the demands and pressures of our work go on hold. But being intentional about being thankful can only benefit us during this season and any actually. I love verse 6, be anxious for nothing but in everything by prayer and supplication. Let's bring all our requests before God.

Then share with someone or comment on this blog for how it works.

No comments:

Post a Comment